Monday, March 7, 2011

Night and Day

Night
I stand with my feet pointing down a path of utter self destruction
Tendrils of insanity wrap around my ankles and I allow them to pull me along
This downhill slide is preferable to the mad scrample up the slippery slopes of hope and reason
Wreckless abandon consumes me allowing me to follow this crusade of sacrifice
Self preservation melted away with my self respect and self worth
Crushed beneath the weight of unbearable loss, I tumble down into the dark on my knees
The amount of abuse any particular man can take might be higher but I have reached my limit
Daggers of heart break are as cold steel on my neck as I prepare to leap from the ledge
A last look into the hollow eyes of my sorry reflection show one last insult
There is nothing left for me to destroy, she already annihilated all I was, all I could be

Day
I stand with my feet firmly planted on top the mountain of exctasy
Eternal hope the prime factor that drove me here now also anchors me here
The sweat on my brow a sweet reminder of the journey that brought me here
Gusts of pride and joy propelled me onwards and upwards
Self concerns are shunned, the reward of accomplishment the truest satisfaction
Though weary I am supported by the knowledge of goals accomplished and dreams realized
Many men had tried before and failed to reach this summit I now alone occupied
The embracing arms of love wrap me tight as I gaze at the beauty before me
Contentment and peace are clear to see in my eyes, which is second to only one thing
That those same sentiments are shining in her eyes, all that matters resides there too

p.s. This isn't inspired by any particular person, either day or night. Rather it was just a creative exercise, nothing more. I'm not suicidal, nor am I in love lol. I just thought it was a cool idea to represent both sentiments of loss and happiness in dueling compositions. Let me know what you think :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment